- Picnic and BBQ areas
- Spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
- Explore beach coves, rocks; rockpools.
- Children's Adventure Park;
- Parks; paddling pools.
FITNESS, SPORT, WATER - Shearwater and Port Sorell:
Xcel Fitness, Shearwater,
Port Sorell Golf Course; Tennis; Lawn Bowls;
Shearwater Park - fitness equipment.
Cycling and Walking Tracks
Sealed walking and cycling paths along the beach foreshores;
Nature Reserves and Bushwalking in Hawley Beach:
'Rubicon Reserve'; 'Aubrey Luck Reserve'; 'Point Sorell'.
- Swim - Sail - Kayak - Paddleboard - Parasail - Jet Ski.
Boat ramps; Jetty; Rocks
SCENIC DRIVES...Explore beautiful countryside:
- Hawley Beach, Shearwater, Port Sorell,
- Northdown, Wesley Vale,
- Squeaking Point, Harford, Sassafras,
- Bakers Beach, Narawntapu National Park
- Latrobe, Devonport.
- Gunns Plains - limestone caves, Wings Wildlife Park;
- Forth Valley.
- Penguin, Ulverstone, Burnie - via the coastal road.
- Deloraine, Westbury, Elizabeth Town, Mole Creek.
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park
- Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre
- Launceston, Cataract Gorge;
- Tamar Valley Wineries, Exeter, Beaconsfield.
NATURE - FLORA and FAUNA:
* Hawley Beach - Rubicon Reserve; Aubrey Luck Reserve;
* Narawntapu National Park;
* Bells Parade; Warrawee State Forest, Latrobe.
* Shearwater Village, Shearwater
* Woolworths Centre, Devonport, Latrobe.
LOCAL WINE, CIDER and BEER TASTINGS:
* Ghost Rock Vineyard; Barringwood Estate Vineyard;
* Emilia Wines; Prickly Mo's wines;
* Spreyton Cider Co; Seven Sheds Brewery.
GOURMET FOOD and WINE:
* Ghost Rock - cool climate wines and gourmet platters;
* Hill Street Grocer- gourmet lunches, deli, bakery, butcher etc;
* The House of Anvers - Belgian chocolate factory, tastings, cafe;
* Mrs Jones - exquisite dining;
* Drift Cafe Restaurant.
* The Cherry Shed - lunches, icecream, gifts - everything cherry.
Elizabeth Town and surrounds:
* Tasmanian Food & Wine Conservatory: fine food, coffee, wine.
* Villarett Garden Cafe Restaurant - beautiful wine, lunch.
* Ashgrove Cheese Farm -tastings, icecream, coffee, film/viewing area, picnic items - smallgoods, Tassie products;
* Elizabeth Town Cafe (ETC);
* Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm - chocolate raspberries, icecreams, tasty lunches, wine, lake, fireplace - lovely atmosphere - popular !
Chudleigh, Mole Creek and surrounds:
* 41degrees South - Salmon and Ginseng Farm
* Melita Honey Farm, Chudleigh
* Mole Creek Caves - King Solomon and Maracoopa
Latrobe, Devonport, Launceston, Evandale
- 15 mins - 'Devonport Airport';
20 mins - 'Spirit of Tasmania' (car and passenger ferry)
- Latrobe - “Platypus Capital of the World'' - 17km;
Warrawee State Forest, Latrobe (+4km from Gilbert Street, Latrobe).
- Narawntapu National Park - 30km
- Devonport City - 20km
- Launceston City - 80km
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park - Wilderness World Heritage Area - 104km
- Hobart (Tasmania's capital city) - 275km