* Shearwater and Port Sorell - Golf Course; Tennis; Bowls.
* Swim; Sail; Paddleboard; Kayak; Parasail; Jet Ski.
* Jetty Fishing; Boating; Boat Ramps.
* Sealed walking and cycling paths along the beach foreshores;
* Foreshore Fitness Equipment;
* Fitness Centre - Shearwater.
* Bushwalking - Nature Reserves - wooden walkways
* Fauna viewing platforms.
* Children's Adventure Park; Picnic areas/BBQ areas;
* Parks; paddling pools.
* Explore beach coves, rocks; rockpools.
* View spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
BRING YOUR CAMERA - this beautiful region is a photographer's delight !
SCENIC DRIVES...EXPLORE LOCAL COUNTRYSIDE:
* Hawley Beach, Shearwater, Port Sorell,
* Northdown, Wesley Vale,
* Squeaking Point, Harford, Sassafras,
* Bakers Beach, Narawntapu National Park
* Latrobe, Devonport.
* Gunns Plains - limestone caves, Wings Wildlife Park;
* Forth Valley.
* Penguin, Ulverstone, Burnie - via the coastal road.
* Deloraine, Westbury, Elizabeth Town, Mole Creek.
* Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park
* Launceston, Cataract Gorge;
* Tamar Valley Wineries, Exeter, Beaconsfield.
NATURE - FLORA and FAUNA:
* Hawley Beach - Rubicon Reserve; Aubrey Luck Reserve;
* Narawntapu National Park;
* Bells Parade; Warrawee State Forest, Latrobe.
* Shearwater Village, Shearwater
* Woolworths Centre, Devonport, Latrobe.
LOCAL WINE, CIDER and BEER TASTINGS:
* Ghost Rock Vineyard; Barringwood Estate Vineyard;
* Emilia Wines; Prickly Mo's wines;
* Spreyton Cider Co; Seven Sheds Brewery.
LOCAL GOURMET FOOD:
* Ghost Rock gourmet platters;
* The House of Anvers - Belgian chocolate factory, tastings, cafe;
* Mrs Jones - exquisite dining;
* Hill Street - gourmet food purchases;
* The Cherry Shed - everything cherry;
* Tasmanian Food & Wine Conservatory: fine food,coffee, wine;
* Villarett Garden Cafe Restaurant;
* Ashgrove Cheese Farm:
tastings, icecream, coffee, film/viewing area, picnic basket smallgoods, Tassie products;
* Elizabeth Town Cafe (ETC);
* Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm
* 41degrees South - Salmon and Ginseng Farm
* Melita Honey Farm, Chudleigh
Weekend Markets - Latrobe, Devonport, Launceston, Evandale.
- 15 mins - 'Devonport Airport';
20 mins - 'Spirit of Tasmania' (car and passenger ferry)
- Latrobe - “Platypus Capital of the World'' - 17km;
Warrawee State Forest, Latrobe (+4km from Gilbert Street, Latrobe).
- Narawntapu National Park - 30km
- Devonport City - 20km
- Launceston City - 80km
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park - Wilderness World Heritage Area - 104km
- Hobart (Tasmania's capital city) - 275km